Nick gave a free Aikido class last night at the Y. 2nd time in the last 6 months I've gotten to put a gi on and get my wrists twisted into entirely unnatural positions. I can't believe how sore my legs are. If I think I am going to survive any kind of future kung fu-ness, I've got to start doing some squats or something. Good class though. 6 guys including 2 barely teens. I have my doubts whether the kids will be back. I think the grown-ups got something out of it(seeing that there may be something to this...maybe...). I'm pretty sure they will be back for next weeks free class.
What encouraged me is I see in them the same thing I am experiencing. Where can you get some mat-time and some guys to mix it up with? Where can I learn some new techniques and have a chance to practice them? Why don't they have a fridge full of beer in the corner and better mats? We were all thinking this and I believe we need answers...
Thursday, December 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
If the mats are too good, and the beer is any good at all, no one will get up once they've fallen. Might be a problem -
ReplyDelete